Few Rafting rivers in the world can match the rivers of nepal orginating from the snow meltdown of the himalayan terrain.
The rivers gush through the twisted canyons,winding through calm valleys where small settlements are perched on the banks.A river trip is one of the best ways to explore the typical cross -section of the country's natural as well as the ethno-cultural heritage.
Nepal is paradise for the Rafting, as it has earned the reputation of being one the best destinations for white water Rafting. The rivers in Nepal are the best among the rivers in the world for river rafting sports, and no doubt white water rafting in Nepal is never-ending thrills in the untamed rivers. Therefore, it is no doubt that cruising down to rushing rivers of crashing waves and swirling rapids can make up excitement of a lifetime.
You may have remarkable experience, while rafting/kayaking in white water in the rivers, as thundering waters coming from the glaciers of the great Himalaya in a Zig-Zag way, the variety of flora and fauna, the cultural heritage and charming smiles of innocence ethnic groups of people alongside the rivers are really awaiting of your arrival.
The waters in Nepal offer something for everybody: Grade 5-5+ rivers with raging white water rapids for the adventurous, to Grade 2-3 rivers, with a few rapids for novices. The options include paddling, oaring and kayaking. Paddling requires all on boat to participate with instructions from river runner. In an oar boat, the guide rows alone, giving participants a chance to observe the surroundings. Kayaking is another way to travel downstream.
You can package river running itineraries along with a trekking, a wildlife safari and a cultural tour in the area.
You do not need to worry on anything, just let us know, we Gorkha International Travels P Ltd. are happy to arrange everything, as we do have all the equipments including safety measures and well-trained river guide.
What we provide:
We have many years' experiences of operating Rafting in all Rivers in Nepal and outside. As a highly experienced Rafting professional, Basically the following services are included in our rafting trip:
- Rafting Guide & Supporter.
- All rafting equipments such as self-bailing rafts, life jackets and safety equipments.
- Paddle top, helmets and waterproof gear bags.
- All meals during the raft trip. (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis tent camping.
- All national park and rafting permits and fees.
- Round trip ground transportation.
- all kitchen and camping equipment, cook and needed staff.
- Safety kayaker.
The following things you need to bribg for the rafting trip:
- Sleeping Bag and mattress (will be provided if needed)
- Water bottle
- Sun glasses
- Fleece jacket
- Extra pair of full sleeves shirts, t-shirts and trousers
- River wears, shorts and swimming custom
- Personal spending (for bottled drinks, tips and small souvenirs.
Rafting Grading Information
|Name of River||Days||Grade||Distance|
|Karnali||10||V -||180 KM|
|Tamur||11||III - V||120 KM|
|Sun Koshi||10||III - V||270 KM|
|Marshyangdi||4||III - V||47 KM|
|Bhote Koshi||2||III - V||20 KM|
|Trishuli||1 - 3||III +||38 KM|
|Seti||2||III +||35 KM|
|Kali Gandaki||3||III - IV||55 KM|
|Arun||3||IV -||77 KM|
|Bheri||6||III - IV||142 KM|
|Budhi Gandaki||3||III - IV||55 KM|
- I - II Easy to run: Flat water, little current and mild waves.
- III Moderate to run: Waves, swift current and narrow channels. Paddling is Modestly physical.
- IV- V Difficult to run: Powerful water, constricted channels, steep drops and the possibility of overturning a raft. Paddling is challenging and at times strenuous.
- VI impossible to run: Something best attempted after your lover leaves you.